1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: This Sweepstakes starts on January 1, 2020 at 12:01 AM and closes on December 31, 2020, 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Maru Group. (“MARU”), which owns and operates Maru Voice UK.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to all individuals who are invited to participate in Maru Voice UK and who become Maru Voice UK members during the Sweepstakes Period (“Entrants”). All Entrants must be active Maru Voice UK members to be included in the Prize Draw. All Entrants must be individuals legally residing in the United Kingdom and who are the age of majority at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes. MARU reserves the right to require proof of age and jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. Employees, agents and representatives of MARU and its subsidiaries or affiliates and each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
3. PRIZES: There are twelve (12) random draws (the "Draws") in the Contest Period, each draw consisting of ten (10) cash prizes of £100 each (the “Prizes”), for a total of £1,000 in Prizes per month and a total of £12,000 in Prizes to be given away during the Contest Period. The Prizes will be awarded monthly, with Prizes being drawn within ten (10) business days of the beginning of each month (the "Draw Dates") in the Sweepstakes Period. All Prizes are to be awarded in GBP.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Individuals may enter the Sweepstakes by following the link in an invitation to profile with in Maru Voice UK. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for every participating study during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes is offered electronically via the Internet. Entry into Maru Voice UK is not required to enter the Sweepstakes as individuals may enter the Sweepstakes by using the alternate means of Sweepstakes entry set out in item 5.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN - ALTERNATE MEANS OF SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: Individuals may receive one (1) entry for the Sweepstakes by legibly printing the Entrant’s name, street address, city, state, postal code, telephone number, complete email address on a 3 x 5 inch (or 7.5 x 12.5 cm) piece of paper and mailing it to Maru Voice UK Recruit Sweepstakes, 36 Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 9EU, United Kingdom
6. Please note the correct Sweepstakes name (Maru Voice UK Recruit Sweepstakes) is necessary to identify the specific Sweepstakes being entered. Mail-in entries that omit this information will not be valid.
7. PRIZE DRAWS: Prize draws will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia approximately ten (10) business days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period from all eligible entries received. The Winner will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received by MARU during the Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of an entry winning the Prize will be the same, whether the entry was automatically generated or by alternate means of entry.
8. PRIZE AWARDING: Prizes will be awarded only on verification by MARU that all Sweepstakes requirements have been met by the winners. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of MARU which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants at the email address listed on the MARU systems, or on the mail-in entries. MARU will notify each winner by email within fifteen (15) business days of the relevant Draw Date. Winners will have two (2) business days from notification to accept the Prize by email, and will be instructed whom to contact at that time. MARU is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner.
If a selected Entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond within the allotted time MARU reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize (and in the event that the subsequent selected Entrant cannot be contacted or fails to respond, a further Entrant will be selected, until a winner is determined, provided further that in the event that a winner is not determined after attempts have been made to contact 3 Entrants, MARU may elect not to conduct any further redraws and not award such Prize).
The selected Entrants may be required to complete, and return to MARU a web-based Winner Notification Survey within two (2) days of receipt. If a selected Entrant(s) fails to complete, and return the web-based Winner Notification Survey to MARU within two (2) business, MARU reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for that Prize. By completing, and returning the web-based Winner Notification Survey, the Entrant: (i) confirms compliance with these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations; (ii) consents to MARU providing the Entrant’s name, email address and state details to MARU’s third party prize fulfillment provider (“Prize Provider”) for Prize Provider to contact the Entrant to fulfill the Prize; (iii) acknowledges that to fulfill the Prize, the Entrant may be required to set up a password-protected account with Prize Provider and provide the following information: date of birth, gender, mailing address and certain banking information (if Entrant elects to redeem the Prize by bank deposit where such option is available; alternatively Entrant may elect to redeem by virtual VISA card or other options offered by Prize Provider) and agree to Prize Provider’s Terms & Conditions www.maruvoiceuk.co.uk/static/terms; (iv) releases and forever discharges MARU, its affiliates and subsidiaries and its advertising and promotional agencies and partners from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the Prize; and (v) gives permission to MARU, at its option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by MARU or its advertising agencies.
9. SWEEPSTAKES GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to abide by these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations and the decisions of MARU, which are final.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of a winner list or a copy of the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, send your request to: Maru Voice UK Recruit Sweepstakes Winners List, 36 Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 9EU, United Kingdom. Requests must be received no later than a month after the Draw Date and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
11. DISQUALIFICATION: MARU is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes or the operation of Maru Voice UK website or any other MARU hosted website, as determined by MARU, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, MARU reserves the right to terminate the Entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of MARU, which in the sole opinion of MARU, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Sweepstakes, MARU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and to award Prize(s) to individual(s) selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than those listed in the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations.
12. TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any Prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such Prize.
13. APPLICABLE LAWS: This Sweepstakes is governed and construed under the laws of the United Kingdom applicable therein excluding any body of law governing conflicts of law.
14. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: MARU shall not be responsible or liable to Entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of Entrants entering the Sweepstakes or use of a Prize won in connection with this Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless MARU and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of MARU, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.